Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy 4th of July!

As soon as I posted this video I got all happy about changing some things around. I love doing that. It's rings joybells in my soul.

My girls are quite good at helping me decorate - "try this here, that doesn't work, try it this way" They are really getting to be good at helping me to create little vignettes around the house (as I call it) and that makes me oh so happy because they will be able to make their homes cozy, and warm, and inviting some day too! I love teaching them how to make our home sweet.

I took down the banner and changed around the greenery to make a garland out of it - simple, light, airy, pretty. I love the way it turned out.

1

6

8

9

5

And some things I love too much to change. Little House has my heart.

family room 2

family room 3

I love to have something pretty in the kitchen to look at while I'm doing dishes and cooking. Since there is a lot of that it makes me happy to have goodness around me. I love to do the 'work' I need to do while thinking about my senses. I hear my girls talking, laughing. I smell my Mom's sauce simmering on the stove, I see the sunshine, I feel the apron tied around me... being mindful in simple moments like cooking and dishes helps me to feel grounded and be grateful for small moments.

12

11

10

4

3

2

I've been baking up a storm lately. Trying new recipes from this cookbook. It's beyond delightful. I mean, seriously, it's alllllll about pie!



1



3

So I didn't take all of the red, white, and blue out as I usually did. Just a few reminders to be patriotic this summer tucked into lots of things I love.

Wishing you a fun, safe, yummy, wonderful day doing what you love to do!


1 comment:

  1. Your home looks so nice decorated for the 4th. I love the little pops of red, white and blue. Love love love the videos!

    ReplyDelete