Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Making a Memory - On Purpose

At the beginning of summer Scott planned a surprise for me. (we didn't do mothers day so this was supposed to be that)

He found a tea shop somewhere between the two colleges up north we were visiting for Anna. (that trip is back here)

It was lovely on the outside... such a sweet sign. And it was in an old house (= perfection)

tea 1

He showed me that morning their website and oh how I could hardly wait!

And then we went inside. Oh my goodness, it was the dirtiest tea shop I'd ever been in! And the food looked like they went to the local grocery store and bought all prepackaged stuff and stuck it all on a dirty plate. We couldn't wait to get outta that place. In all our years married that that never happened!

tea 2

But something happened half way through that awful tea. (I only ordered a scone after sitting down - even the tea cup was dirty) We started to laugh and laughing made us happy. We decided right then and there that we'd always look back at that experience and laugh. So the second half of our tea/lunch we just enjoyed being together and joking about how terrible it was. And do you know what? It ended up being fun! I thought as we were there that I'd do anything to be there, in that dirty little tea shop on March 2nd or February 9th or October 11th on and on and on.... that's right! on any given school day when we all have to get up and go to our schools I'd wish we were all together in that place making a memory. So that's what we did!

Not everything in life is roses or in this case beautiful tea shops... sometimes you have to just make a memory

tea 3

No comments:

Post a Comment