Friday, June 28, 2019

Spring Into Summer Home Tour

family room 3

Well here we are, almost the end of June, and fully into summer! I love this time of year {even though I'm a winter girl}. I love the long afternoons, the carefree days, and the time outside in the shade of our screened in porch. I love not planning at night and I love the feeling of T.I.M.E.

We've actually gotten a lot done around the house, you know, closets, stuff like that. And it feels good.

Usually by now I have my home decked in red, white, and blue. So I decided to put together a video home tour before it changes. I'm calling in Spring into Summer. Ya know, I looked at all of the pictures and I might just leave it this way and not totally change it - maybe just a flag here or there, we'll see. I'm really liking the light, open, airy feel of the pastel colors that surround us. Then there's the me that loves so much to create a vingette here or there and I just have to redo an area. So.... we'll have to wait and see.

living room 3

And let's just talk about peonies for a moment - how happy do they make us? And why can't they be around all year? I just love them so. It is like my decorating style all summed up in a flower, pink, delicate, light, vintage {okay, so maybe that doesn't fit a flower} and romantic... they suit me just fine and make my heart swoon. My home is filled to the brim with them for as long as Trader Joes will carry them this summer.

kitchen 29

kitchen 28

Have you ever heard the quote, "what one loves in childhood, stays in the heart forever"? I simply love that quote because it is so true of my beautiful childhood. My Mom did it so much better than me. She made our house a home. It was cozy, warm, filled with light, and beautiful things. It felt 'just right'. So much so that I never wanted to leave. When Scott and I were on our honeymoon in Hawaii I begged him to take me home. It wasn't being with my new husband, it was homesick feeling for my parents, and the home I lived in for my whole life. It took a long time for me to make my home feel just like I needed it to to be our home. Well that was almost 24 years ago and it's the same kind of home I want for my growing girls. They are not little anymore but they learn from what I do, how I keep it, and I sure pray that they feel about their home as I did in my childhood home.

So grab a tall glass of tea and join me for my spring into summer home tour. I wish you could come over an settle on the porch - we all learn so much from each other.



Wishing you blessings today and this weekend.

dining room 1

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your girls will have such precious memories of growing up in your special and beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely, warm and inviting. A wonderful place to raise your girls :-) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete