Friday, June 9, 2017

Final

I'm not sure how homework went from a sweet little time with mommy at the kitchen table. A little muffin and some juice.  Abigail learning how to make hand a hand turkey right next to her.  And mommy loving it all... to a final in math.

untitled shoot-9748

untitled shoot-9750

untitled shoot-9751

I want to remember that Anna took Algebra 1 in 8th grade.  A high school math class.  Because she's a hard worker and she's smart.

There were lots of late nights.  Lots and lots of late nights.

1

And instead of mommy and Abigail around the kitchen table there was daddy right next to her at the 'room to spread out all that math' dining room table.

It was hard.  But she did it.  She took her Algebra 1 final on Friday morning from 8:30-10:00.

2

And do you know what my 'never gets nervous about tests' daughter said when she got home in her relaxed, who cares kind of voice?

4

Me:  How'd it go Anna (in my tense, tight voice)

Anna:  Oh, it was relaxing.  (what?  relaxing?  an hour and a half Algebra final?)  Yeah, ya know, just sitting there.  It was so quiet, and me just relaxing and doing math problems.  I liked it.

If I could do school all over again I'd want to be just like Anna.

5

I miss my little girl just learning how to add (math I could help her with) around the kitchen table.  But I love this grown up one she's becoming so it kind of makes up for all that I miss.

6

Congratulations Anna.  I'm just so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment