Monday, June 19, 2017

Birthday, Almost Summer, Father's Day Weekending

Well hello there friends. I've got a hodgepodge of pictures from this weekend. We celebrated a lot of wonderful things like Anna turning 14, and Father's Day. We went to Mass and we sunk a little into what will be happening today around 1:30/2:00... SUMMER!

Yes, the 'feeling' of summer seems to be found here and there in my house. And just a tad (we're almost there, but not quite) we are resting, relaxing, exhaling.

2

I could see it in my daughters. For once Anna wasn't at the dining room table for 6 straight hours on Saturday and 6 straight hours on Sunday. And for once I didn't have to have Abigail stop and do her little bit of weekend homework.

I was so happy to hear them play. And step over dress up clothes all over the house. Each time them walked into the kitchen (because no matter the season, that's most likely where you'll always find me) I saw them in a different outfit.

Yes, summer (almost) has begun. Even my house breathed a sigh of relief I think.

3

My 'I'll get to it later' closets are bursting at the seams. I can't shove anymore. All must come out and get reorganized. But not today. Today is their last day of school. Today I will attend the flag pole ceremony, have extra special lunchbox lunches, wrap up a 'little something' for the last day.

But first the weekend.

Gardening

1

Anna chose to not have a big themed birthday party, but instead a nice dinner out with her grandparents.

7

She wanted to go to the Hibachi restaurant with the big flames and food cooked right in front of you.

8

9

10

We had fun!

11

12

We came home for red velvet cake, coffee and tea.

4

5

13

14

15

16

On Sunday, after Mass we celebrated Father's Day. Simple and easy (just the way he wanted it)

17

18

19

I am so blessed.

20

I baked a pie (of course)

21

Pies are so quick and easy for me... but boy that red velvet cake for Anna's birthday took me allll morning. I LOVE baking!

22

And Scott made dinner

23

Ready to slide in the oven (mine with no cheese please)

23

It was a beautiful night outside. And no mess!

24

Summer is on the way... here we come!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment