Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend

1

Today is Monday. It is sunny here in Connecticut. And only 62 degrees. Pure Heaven on Earth and just what we look forward to when we think of October.

13

Right now there is so much normal all around me. So much goodness.

Scott is mowing the lawn. His back is still in pain but the surgeon said today that there is really no surgery that can fix what he deals with. And that is good. Who really wants surgery?

And upstairs I know they're playing Bitty Baby and American Girl because I can hear it. And that's good.

All of us home on a Monday is pretty wonderful.

They'll be messes from lots of time and free play with great imaginations to organize and clean up. They'll be tired by then and thinking about 'what didn't get done' later on.

But right now it is so good.

I folded four loads of laundry and I can hear the last load finishing up in the wash.

I experimented with creating / making whipped cream because after 7 years with EoE she still has never tasted the taste of whipped cream. I still don't have it right, but I'm getting closer. And even though this trial batch is too liquidy it sure tasted good on my mid morning snack of brunch leftover pumpkin cake.

We had a brunch this weekend.

18

19

20

21

22


23

24

26

With good friends.

3

They kind that build you up and when they leave you feel happier than when they came.

We watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

We shopped at an antique store and came home with a desk for Anna's room.

6

We explored this sweet town with colors on leaves just starting to arrive.

7

8

9

10

11

I am in love with light in autumn.  It's lower now and oh so pretty on the Farmington river and just starting to change leaves.  Glistening sunlight captures my heart.

12

14

15

16

17

We cooked homemade pizza.

We read books. (Beverly Cleary The Mouse and the Motorcycle)

5

And worked on this puzzle. (this is Leah at our house for brunch... she did more on this too hard puzzle than the four of us did in a whole evening.)

27

Motherhood and beauty are one and I view what I do with and for my little family as divine.

29

What I do each day is a privilege and I see it as a privilege. Being a mother who wakes up each day and teaches her girls (not just does the day) all about faith and love in the Catholic church and love for Jesus.

I love that I am walking in His plan for my life. There is such fulfillment and beauty in it when I open my eyes to see that planning a meal, cooking a meal, cleaning up a meal isn't just cooking. They are just moments; moments in His plan and will for my life.

28

Today I want to remember Abigail's heart. They way she woke up and wanted to do for Anna something because she had a cold. She settled on breakfast in bed. And she tried to sew her a handkerchief. Another beautiful moment. And a gift to me.

30

31

Eternally grateful for my life, this journey, today, my husband, and my daughters.

2

oh, and baking because I just can't seem to do too much of that!

4

For inspiration... this video.



4 comments:

  1. I loved every single bit of this post! The words and pictures instantly made me so happy and cozy inside. Your weekend looked wonderful and I love knowing you enjoyed every bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a more perfect way to spend a weekend. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your weekend I sure wish I was there to be a part of it...it looked wonderful! Sure wish we lived closer to one another friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a PERFECT weekend indeed! I love peeking into everyone's world scattered across our country to see what October is like for each of them.

    ReplyDelete