Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Ode to Tuesday

You test my patience like no other day

You have me going in a million directions

I feel tired and long for my pjs and slippers from noon on

My house feels icky because chores can't get done

You make my girls rush and me say hurry up like a broken record

But the good news is that you only come once a week

And Monday is better and Wednesday is so close behind

You make the other days feel like weekends

And deep down as their pursing their dreams of a bow on strings

And enjoying the stepping of Irish Dance

I'm pursuing my dreams too

The one (the biggest and only one) of being their mother

And wearing myself out (on just this day) to make it all happen

But I'm glad you're nearly gone and I won't see you for seven more days

(and a random picture from 2004 becuase it's Tuesday and I'm too lazy to download any from my camera... but this one's pretty good!)

She was loads of fun (AT A RESTAURANT!) (ps... that's my brother)

IMG_2186 blogg

And this quote. So true. Especially on a Tuesday.

It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will. ~ L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are snuggled in those jammies now, my friend...
    And such a precious picture!

    ReplyDelete