Saturday, September 7, 2024

Fall Home Tour ~ Our Dining Room


It's time to start my fall home tour.  🍂 I'm going to show you just our dining room today and other rooms as I take pictures. This was the first room I decorated for this season mostly because I love all of the sweet, warm, natural wood in this room. It waits for autumn all year long. 

We bought this Hitchcock set years ago from someone that restores them. I've talked about Hitchcock so much on this blog. 

Here's a post of the town that housed the factory all those years ago when it first started. 
Here's a post from 2017 when we bought it. 

The Hitchcock furniture company opened in 1818 in Riverton, Connecticut - then called Hitchcockville, Conn. It was the fancy chair crazy in the 1800's. Now all antiques and quite sought after pieces. I love the history of these pieces. I love that they were made right her in Connecticut. I love that for this New Englander, they are perfect for our home. 




So when fall rolls around, it gives me a chance to just enjoy these beautiful pieces again. 

And because I love the furniture oh so much I don't want it all overwhelmed with too much in that room as far as decorations. So I've kept it simple and sweet. 


Another very special part of that room is our wedding china we picked out when we were 21 years old, registered for it and opened it all after our wedding. I knew way back then what I loved. Still do. It 'matches' this room, the table and everything perfectly. 





These calico pumpkins are perfect in our dining room. I love the colors and how the are a simple touch to the natural colors in this room. 






And oh! The moment I saw this china coffee pot, teapot, creamer, and sugar bowl I knew I couldn't wait to put it in our dining room for the fall. Just look at the golds, the fruit and nuts... I adore it so much! 




Sometimes for the season I like to have the table all set. It gives me something to look forward to -- perhaps a special dinner when Anna comes home for fall break... 




It can sure be a challenge to make this room work for Easter and springtime but my goodness, autumn it's in it's glory! 

Oh one more part! The built in china cabinet is painted blue with another set of dishes I love so much! And pumpkins and those little pies make it adorable!

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment