Sunday, September 6, 2020

The Night Before...

17

Dear Anna,

Sigh. I can not believe that I'm typing this and it's the night before your senior year. How is that possible? Didn't I just rescue you from the bus when you burst into tears that kindergarten morning? I remember it so well. You were sobbing as you stepped up those steps. You froze. And I knew just what to do. I said, "It's okay. Come back down here to mommy." And in a second I had you in my arms.

So many times over the years I've taken you "off the bus" and into my arms. Over and over again. What a privilege for me. What a happy life you've given me - to be your mama.

I don't want to send you into your senior year. Because that means a lot of 'lasts' for you this year. And I know at the end of this school year I'll have to share you more than I want to.

But then there is that part of my heart that knows, really knows you don't really belong to me. You are God's daughter first and I just get to be your mama. He is preparing you for greater things. He is preparing each step. And thinking about that - well, it lights up my heart.

So tomorrow morning is just another step in God's plan. I'll drive you to high school and you'll step out of the car. I'll smile and you'll look back just as you always do and I'll be glad. Not that it's your first 'last' but that you are right where you belong.

Enjoy this last year - 5 AP classes, Solisit... so many academic and viola dreams have come true. You certainly haven't taken the easy way - you've pushed yourself and here you are, right in the midst of dreams. I will be cheering you on each step this year Anna. And maybe this year, just a few times, you'll have to 'rescue me' from a few tears. I will try to be brave watching you among all these 'lasts' but happy, joyful and oh so proud tears will come.

I love you so much my daughter, all the way to China and back again.

Happy first day of school.

Love,
mama

3

4

5

1

6

13

14

18

19

2

Dear Abigail,

My darling daughter, what a wonderful summer we had. Do you know why? We were together every single day, all day long. How I loved being with you. I love watching you craft, create, read. I love talking with you and cooking with you. And here you are, top of middle school. You are going into 8th grade!  I really don't like to think about that too much because it is going by oh so fast.

I am proud of who you are and what you have accomplished in middle school. The teachers adore you. Every student enjoys your company. You are a good friend and friendly to everyone.

So here you are, entering the most historic school year ever. And I know you will do amazing. Keep smiling (under that mask) and be the best you, you can be. Let God work out all of the rest.

I love you to the moon and back my sweet girl.

Love,
mama

7

8

15

16

9

10

12

2018 is here 
2017 is here
2016 is here and here 
2015 is here and here 
2014 is here and here 
2013 is here and here 
2012 is here and here 

1 comment: