Monday, September 14, 2020

September Weekending

24

Well, it's a long while since I've done these types of posts - now that it's fall I feel like changing things up on my blog.

All summer I had a little blogging schedule going on:

Monday - our teatime from Sunday
Tuesday - our home
Wednesday - what we were reading
Thursday - catch up
Friday - from my heart

But I'm ready for a change.

I haven't been on this blog for a W E E K! Why would I think I might be able to get here during the first week of school? Crazy to think that's even possible.

So here are just a few pictures from our weekend.

But please know nothing in my home, in my life is this pretty or organized. I don't have it all together. In fact, I cried on and off all day Saturday. Partly from exhaustion from the first week of school and partly from trying to figure out this new way of teaching during this pandemic. And honestly, partly because it's a huge adjustment every fall to go from being home each and every day - homemaking and mothering to all us back to our school. I couldn't keep the tears from coming. I missed my girls. I missed my kitchen. I missed my summer days. And I was just so stressed out thinking about the task (of teaching) ahead of me. The weight of this 'new normal' way of education this year had me such a mess.

But there WERE these moments, and for now I need to soak up MOMENTS instead of looking at the big picture. Sometimes I need to be in one moment instead of even looking at the whole day. When I can do that, I feel more at peace. Before I know it, we WILL be in the swing of things. I WILL figure out how to teach in person and online at the same time. It's just a little shaky now.

With all that said {I just didn't want you to think it's all lovely roses around here}, here is a glimpse at a few moments from the weekend. Oh, and I'd love to blog every day like in the summer. Really, I would. But for now, I'll be lucky if I can get a 'once a week' post. So here goes... September weekending.



Saturday Morning

12

19

21

22

12

Viola Playing

1

2

{oh my goodness it was pure Heaven to see one of my girls up on a stage playing in an orchestra. So I took 2,000 photos because I don't know when this will happen again. We missed so many concerts with Covid}

23

26

27

28

3

11

17

Working

9

14

Baking

5

4

Helping

8

Simmering

6

Fall cookies cooling

10

Evening tea-ing

7

16

18

20

No comments:

Post a Comment