Monday, July 9, 2018

This Is What We Do

This is what we do 1

When Anna was a baby after lunch I would read to her, then put her in her crib for a nap. When she napped I would go back and clean up lunch in the kitchen.

When Abigail came along and Anna was just beginning to discover books on her own... looking at picture books, pretending to read I would put Abigail down in her crib for her afternoon nap and Anna and I would make a 'fort' out of blankets in my bedroom. I'm not sure why we didn't come back downstairs and sit on the couch. We always made a cozy little nest in a sunny spot on my bedroom floor. I filled our 'nest' with Fancy Nancy books. They were her favorite for years and years. She would 'tell' the story and 'read' to me.

When it's after lunch all of these years later we head straight to the family room with our books. Neither says, "what's that word?" anymore but we still read. Me and my girls directly after lunch.

We're on year 14 of this and I never want it to end.

This is what we do 2

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Perfectly cozy way to settle in after lunch and what wonderful memories!!

    ReplyDelete