Wednesday, July 25, 2018

My View Is Changing

Pictures are throughout the years on this post and throughout the seasons - none are current

18

I've looked at this view since 2001.

13

1

1

5

Not all 22 years I've been married. But long enough to be a wee bit nervous that it's going to be different.

kitchen 15

We are having a few changes done to our house starting this week and while it's exciting, it's also nervous. Because THIS is my view today!

10

9

When we built this room (down below) (way back when Anna was in Kindergarten) we drew it out, daydreamed about it, planned just how it would be for years!

family room 3

family room 2

(see this door-I'm on the outside looking in-after the project is done if I took this picture I'd be standing on the screened in porch)
family room 1

Same with this project starting now. We've dreamed it out, drawn it on paper and talked it through for YEARS. It just feels so weird that it's actually happening!

(This is the way the mud room-unheated, really just a part of the garage-is now)
kitchen 17

(see this door? It's going to be gone! Right behind Abigail is the current mudroom/part of the garage but painted pretty)
morning 2

When I saw them starting yesterday I thought, "oh my goodness, I hope we planned it right. Maybe we should have a few more feet here, or there. Will I be able to see my cherry tree from the family room still." Then I text Scott at work and he calms me down.

So it's starting and I just can't wait. Here is what I'm ***most*** excited about

  • sitting on the screened in porch next summer with my feet up and book in my hand with my girls after lunch
  • swinging on the swing late in the evening 
  • having dinner out there with no bugs!
  • a mud room with a place for everything and everything in it's place
  • the washer/dryer in the mudroom and outta my kitchen (although I think a washer/dryer in the kitchen is the PERFECT place for real...moving it out makes room for the VERY BEST THING I'm looking forward to.....
  • a baking center!!!!!!!  (now this will be the last phase of the project and may take a year to get to because while we have a contractor for all of the other parts Scott is doing the baking center and with only weekends it'll take a L O N G time. (and that's okay)
(right behind me are two folding doors where the washer/dryer are now, the doors will be gone and that's where the baking center will be)
21

(all of this... it'll be stored in the baking center)
night before 2

But still my sweet view is changing and I'll miss the house just the way it is now. 

after 15

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see this unfold!!!
    I know already it will be beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the view from your kitchen window is beautiful but I can't wait to see the remodel. You will love it. I am so excited that you will have a baking center!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara! This is so exciting. Your home is always beautiful and I'm positive that the changes that Scott and you designed will be just amazing. Change is good. Hard, but good. Thanks for sharing it with us. I can't wait to see the "final" view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting!! I look forward to seeing all the pictures as you move along in this project :)

    ReplyDelete