Monday, July 2, 2018

June 20th

It was a difficult day for me.

And a happy day for me.

And a proud day for me.

And every other emotion under the sun ran through me that day, June 20th.

It was difficult because I wasn't there with Abigail. But Scott was and that was a good good thing. I trust the One who knows my girls better than me. And it was extra special that daddy was with her.

The night before I fully explained to Scott how my mama's heart was aching. (he of course already knew) I told him that I needed lots and lots of pictures. I pulled up this post from Anna's last day of elementary school and walked him through it. All of the photos I wanted to pour over when I got home.

And it was like I hired a professional photographer. He did that awesome!

And he texted me selfies throughout the morning so that I could see what was going on. My heart was so happy when a these faces popped up on my phone. So so happy.

IMG_1455

So here is Abigail's last day of elementary school. Her wonderful glorious last day. (mine too!!!!)

*****************************************************************************************************************************

I love our hands here... so much emotion on our last days together!

1

2

Now her 'graduation' ceremony was the week before (post back here) but on the last day her elementary school has a 'crossing over ceremony'. Out of the school comes Abigail!

3

4

5

Once the entire school is assembled there is the flag ceremony.

6

7

One little girl among a sea of taller fifth graders!

8

Love her genuine smile here.

9

10

And to some fun music the 5th graders literally "cross-over" and once they do, they are officially middle schoolers!

11

A little skip in her step!

12

13

And that's it... she is now a middle school student!

14

15

Some pictures with sweet friends... just a wee bit taller than her!

16

17

18

19

20

Love this one oh so much!

22

21

Special people in her life!

23

And teachers with a lot of patience!

24

******************************************************************************************************************************

Now a few hours later it was officially the end of the day. (the first one I didn't get to attend... but daddy and Anna were there for these moments... while I was busy saying my goodbyes to my class)

26

27

28

29

30

And with that, the school emptied quickly. She took one last look

31

And with a big smile on her face, walked into summer!

32

*****************************************************************************************************************************

But guess what happened next? They all surprised me at MY school just minutes later! I was already almost out the door... actually in the parking lot. But I'll never forget that they were parked right next to me, jumped out of the car saying, "mommy!!!!" It was awesome!

We drove home and they gave me these beautiful flowers for finishing my first year back in the classroom.

33

34

35

And it was joy, joy, joyful!

I changed and out to dinner we went, too tired to do anything else that night we just relaxed. It was a perfectly wonderful June 20th. And I am very very grateful.

IMG_0417




3 comments:

  1. Happy Summer!!! Congratulations to you on your first year back teaching and to Abigail heading off to middle school :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The love in your family is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In those pictures, Abigail looks a bit more grown up. Your husband did a great job taking pics! And you looked so pretty on your last day. Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete