Monday, May 7, 2018

Choosing Gratitude

4

We've started the process of saying goodbye to our beloved elementary school.  There are a series of events that lead the process.  I don't want to say goodbye to these years but last chorus concerts, orchestra, flyers coming home about the Fun Fair all push time ahead, and we have no choice but to follow.

This was one of those events.  On an unusually hot day last week it was her last elementary school concert.  We don't lack in concerts around here.  In fact there are many more that will happen late spring and early summer.  But this one pulled at my heart stings.

Maybe because we've belonged to this school for ten straight years.  And maybe its because I can remember Anna's last when Abigail was so little.

'Time is a thief' I've heard.  But I won't let a thief win.  So in these 'lasts' moments I choose gratitude. The gratitude in my heart for this school system, for these schools, for the 'golden path' of teachers we've had in our lives is bubbling up inside me.  I am oozing with pride for my daughters and they years they've spent at this school.  And now as Abigail prepares to leave I can take a deep breath and smile... at each event.

So here, here is last chorus/orchestra school concert.

No airconditioning means no tights when it's 90!

1

I snap my camera when I want to hold on to a moment. Just how she looked that night.

2

There were flowers that night. Our family is an orchestra family and if I bought flowers for every single concert it wouldn't be special, but this one was a 'last' so I wanted to mark the occasion.

3

This particular list of songs they sang was beautiful.

5

6

7

She played in a mini chamber group as they stage behind her was being prepared for the band.

8

Her size doesn't say middle school yet, but her heart does.

9

10

So the first of a string of events is over. And I 'made it through' this one. Instead of tears, gratitude. This time of year... it is such a mix of emotions, and I am so grateful they are all mine.

I thought I'd link this here... this was Anna's last concert at this special school.







1 comment:

  1. This one rugged at my heart,Tara.
    I know that feeling.
    But you embraced it.
    Just like I knew you would.
    And she looked perfectly lovely!

    ReplyDelete