Saturday, May 19, 2018

Doozie

I am so behind on blogging.

Because it was a doozie of a week.

But right now there is so much good swirling around me.

I can hear Abigail at the top of the stairs humming a song.

I can hear the plastic clicks of the Calico Critter house she's playing with.

Always humming.

I can hear quiet concentration in the room right next to me. Scott and Anna are studying geometry.

I can hear the rain outside and I'm so happy we are all inside for the whole day.

I love my little family of four so much. I am so grateful for weekends.

They are so different than when I was a stay at home for those thirteen years.

They are little treasures and I don't take one single minute for granted. Not one. I'm looking forward to dinner around our kitchen table, girls all clean and ready for bed. I'm looking forward to our at home date night, just us chatting and being together.

Our weekdays are wonderful too, but they are hectic and full. And teaching, I can't lie leaves me quite exhausted. By Wednesday I'm in full survival mode.

Last week was a doozie of a week.

After Mother's Day (which was lovely), we had a flood in our playroom (basement). The hot water heater broke and flooded it. The insurance co sent out a crew and all of the (new, only 5 months old) carpet was ripped out, molding, etc. There are still fans down there. We'll have to wait for our new carpet (wah, it was new) to come in and then be installed. Really, in the scheme of things, it's a little thing. No big deal.

In the same week Anna had a appointment with her counselor. And she asked us to come. (Anna deals with issues related to the trauma from 14 months in an orphanage) And it was an extremely difficult session for Scott, Anna, and I. Extremely difficult. We are working through some really hard things; things no child should have to deal with. But with God's help, and lots of love, we will get through them. But when your child is in such emotional pain it is unbearable.

In the same week Abigail has been waking up with such extreme pain from her disease. Moaning and crying and telling us she can't "do the day". She just recently starting seeing someone for coping with ongoing pain that is just part of your life. When your child is in such physical pain it is unbearable.

So hard hard stuff. On top of the 'end of the year' as a teacher. There's a lot of stress at school.

But right now back to the scene that is so sweet to me. She is still humming upstairs. They are chatting geometry still in just the other room. And I have a couch date night still in a few hours.

Life is good.

It can be hard.

But we grow. Our faith grows. And my little family is extraordinary. That may sound awful to read, but I don't care. Someone has to tell us, and pick us up... and that's my job as the mama. We're incredible. And faith filled. And stronger than any family I know. And our home is filled with grace and peace.

Sometimes we hang on by a thread. Sometimes we're so happy we're dancing in the kitchen. But always we're together. And always we are moving. Moving in the direction He leads.

Onward... to regular posts coming soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment