Monday, July 18, 2016

More... The Lion King

This performance was the best I tell you... the absolute best. I don't have any video to post here. I stuck with photos and decided to not bother with video since we 'ahead of time' purchased the blue ray DVD that was recorded of this show. I know to you these photos look the absolute same. But to me this show was so different than that first performance.  It was magic!

So here goes...

Our evening started with this (after a million viola concerts and now musical theatre I know it's better to give flowers from us at home)

1

Flowers from mommy and daddy. Nala from Anna

3

and she was tickled

2

4

I love this one of her lion cub hair

5

and this one of her eyelashes

6

And then her African tribal makeup was applied

7

8

and a few photos of my dad with his lion cub. I love that I captured this. Growing up I was in all of the summer musicals with my dad and her she is with her grandpa, her director making her own memories.

9

up on pride rock

10

oh, and I adore this one too. This is Pat. She's the grand, talented, wonderful costumer.

11

Moments before the curtain went up... this is my dad with young Nala and young Simba, last minute direction.

12

Just before the show starts my Dad has the cast all make a circle and hold hands. He talks to them about this moment in time. About never forgetting. About how wonderful they are.

13

the zebras all lined up

14

15

16

and then he has them bow their head, think a happy thought or say a prayer.

17

18

love this one

19

and then the show starts with the Circle of Life

20

21

22

Rafiki was awesome!

23

24

Oh I Just Can't Wait to be King

25

26

27

28

I love this one of my family watching Abigail dance on stage!

29

30

31

32

Not so fierce lion cub buddies back stage between scenes.

33

And then Hakuna Matata

34

after Scar takes over the pride land. This is actually my favorite dance that the lion cubs do with the lionesses.

35

it's when grown Nala sings to the lionesses telling that she's leaving the pride land

37

38

And then I'm pretty busy backstage so my photos jump right to the end Circle of Life

39

Just as soon as the show began that night it seems the final bows come

40

I am so grateful to my Dad for a moment like this for Abigail.

41

Tuck it away and save how you feel right now forever.

42

43

44

45

46

47

48

If the night ended right there it would have enough magic for one night for sure. But there was more. My Dad found a way to have Ernie Sabella, an actor known for his role as the official voice of Pumbaa from the Disney Lion King movie to come to the performance. He joined and praised my Dad on stage.

50

And here, oh I wish I was videoing... so you could hear... he sang Hakuna Matata with the cast and it was beyond awesome! To hear Pumbaa's voice live, the REAL Pumbaa was out of this world!

51

52

53

54

55

Our night ended with gandmas and daddy and cousins.

56

57

and enough dazzling memories to tuck away for the rest of her life.



No comments:

Post a Comment