Friday, July 1, 2016

Fairy Tale Evening ~ My Parents 50th (part 1)

It was such a beautiful afternoon and evening.

3

We celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary.  Which is amazing to me really, but also so natural.  I always knew my parents would be together forever.  So last Friday was a simply a wonderful reason to have a private dinner party at such a beautiful setting.

39

"Everyone has a bit of Fairy-tale in them," 
Susan Branch

47

We were at Country Loft Antiques. The grounds are extraordinary. This is the inn in the background.

0A6A1029

Scott chauffeured my parents to their surprise location.

1

The weather was perfect for outdoor champagne cocktails and hordorves.

2

5

6

Such happiness with all of us together for such a special occasion.

7

I love this one. All of the grandchildren. It's natural and real. And us.

8

My daughters are oh so blessed to have my parents close by. I don't take it for granted one day.

9

My favorite.

10

11

I was thinking as I was snapping these "oh please girls, remember this night"

"What one loves in childhood stays in the heart forever," Mary Jo Putney 

12

Oh how elegant and lovely.

13

Passed hors d'oeuvres of miniature crab cakes with remoulade, Belgian Endive with Roquefort, Hazelnuts & honey, and Pigs in a Blanket with Mustard (because kids)

14

The head of the event who helped we coordinate the evening.

15

Everything was served on antique trays. I love this one.

16

This is my brother Trent who gave the toast. He talked about how we're all here because of their love.

17

It was moving and beautiful and I'm so glad Trent had such special words.

18

Cheers!

19

My Dad had the hand written toast that his best man gave at his wedding, 50 years ago and shared it with us.

20

Oh the grounds...

21

Anna and Abigail played background music for the cocktail hour.

22

Anna has practiced and worked her little sister into the program. I was so proud of her that night for sharing her gift of music for what really felt like it's first real purpose.  She played Vivaldi.

23

We took a few family photos.

24

25

26

My brothers, Tommy and Trent, my parents, and me.

27

Favorite... becuase of the love it shows (and becuase of the way my moms beautiful dress was blowing... she looked amazing that night)

28

"Joy is not in things, it is in us," Benjamin Franklin  (but it could have been my Dad that quoted that because he kept saying something like that during the night)

We snapped photos, chatted and talked while Anna continued to play.

29

31

30

The kids were served sparkling apple juice from a fancy tray as well.

32

33

35

34

"The fairies, as was their custom, clapped their hands with delight over their cleverness,"  JM Barrie 

49

36

37

Even though the dinner that followed was amazing, the cocktail hours was my favorite of the whole night. Oh how I didn't want the special moments to end.

38

There was so much to capture and so much beauty to enjoy.

39

40

So grateful for that handsome man over there that I get to be married to... so thankful for his encouragement and help planning with night.

41

When I first saw the grounds I knew it was the perfect spot for our family. (see my little nephew in the back there? total freedom while we sipped)

42

46

During the glasses tinging toast that my brother gave, my little nephew said, "toast? where's the toast? I want toast"

19

So they brought out toast for him.

43

44

45

Before we knew it, it was time to move indoors for dinner.

48

More to come tomorrow...

"If you can dream it, you can make it so,"  
Susan Branch 









No comments:

Post a Comment