Monday, September 16, 2013

A Reader Is Born

8

3

Do you remember that I was so so sad right before the school year started?  I start missing my girls before they're even back for the first day.  But one of those moments when I was blue Scott was trying to cheer me up.  Although most of it has been forgotten, one of things that stuck with me was something like this,
"Tara, a reader is about to be born!" 

4

5

And little by little my littlest one has started reading.  She found this book in our house, picked it up and read is slowly one word by one word.  A long time first grade teacher (in my former life :) ) I knew the magic that was happening. 

6

7

We're always so excited about the stages and phases that our children go through, aren't we?  This one was a happy one for me.

9

So, she's got a loooooong way to go but I just adore this beginning phase. 

A reader is born.

Which of course turned into a little mini photo shoot right there on my dining room floor..
10

1

2

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps my very favorite milestone, Tara...becoming a reader...

    How wonderful you captured the moment in pictures and in your heart.

    Enjoy my friend, enjoy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love love love it!!:)
    I could see those little wheels turnin and all those little pieces just clicking together!!
    yeah...and you got it on film! and your sweet little baby could not be more beautiful! oh that hair!!!!:)
    have a happy day tara

    PS
    do you have the Cobble Street Cousins series by Cynthia Rylant???
    one of my all time FAVES!!!!! you would adore it! please please please read it with your girls!!!:)

    ReplyDelete