Monday, January 2, 2012

The Santa Claus Letters

This Christmas my girls received two very special letters in the mail... from Santa Claus. Not the typed ones you can order online... those are icky! But these were certainly from the REAL Santa Claus. Delivered two nights before Christmas, sealed with Santa's wax, and filled with details only the real Santa would know. They were written in calligraphy and filled with beautiful drawings on amazing paper.

Anna asked me that night when she was getting into bed, "mommy, did you ever get a Santa Claus letter like that?"

"Yes, a very long time ago when I was a little girl. And I remember just how you feel right now... Christmas is magic, isn't it Anna?"

"I think that the letters Abigail and I got tonight were once in a lifetime." And she drifted off to sleep.

Oh, the magic of Christmas!

3

anna mailbox

anna reading

anna sitting

This is Abigail listening to Anna read her letter to her.

abi listening

abi

1 comment:

  1. WOw...Santa has beautiful handwriting!!**wink wink**
    that will be treasured forever.
    have a happy day tara

    ReplyDelete