Friday, January 20, 2012

Favorite Photo Friday ~ G is for...

1

"G is for our really great principal." 

I really want to do a longer, better post, but this will have to do for now as I wait for some video to go along with it.

On December 19, 2011 Scott was named

Connecticut State First Year
Principal of the Year

On December 20, 2011 his beautiful school (all of the teachers and students) surprised him with an amazing assembly. Anna, Abigail and I were invited, and I was blown away. The outpouring of gratitude for his hard work, the pride, the love was so evident as each grade level performed in front of their school in Scott's honor.

It was hard to take pictures through the tears; and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my video camera, so all I have are some quick shots, not nearly enough, and the possibility that one of the teachers taped part of the program. 

Anna and Abigail were beaming during the assembly as they sat in a special front row seat next to their daddy, the honored principal.  I was so proud of him, his dedication to education, his love for children, and his caring ways with teachers.  I know for sure that he is right where he is supposed to be; putting children first in education in one beautiful, little, Connecticut school. 

the long road


2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! What an honor! And this, being the girls first year in an elementary school, I've learned how important this role is. Scott sounds like an amazing Principal! I know how very proud you must be of him:)

    Congratulations!!

    Have a wonderful weekend:)
    God Bless,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an honor...... CONGRATULATIONS Scott!!!
    I know you are all so proud of his wonderful accomplishment.

    Such a sweet photo to mark the excitement of the day~

    xoxo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete