Sunday, September 17, 2023

Autumn In Our Family Room

Well it's that cozy time of year. The weather sure has shifted and I couldn't be happier about that fact. All of the windows are open and there is a breeze blowing through. I've packed away shorts and even though there will be sunny warm days I know that it won't last long now. We are past that half way mark through September.  

I posted back here how I decorated our living room for fall. 

And I'm going to show you our family room. We are not in this room enough! Always on Friday night but other than that we just have such busy schedules that we can't chill out much! But I sure love the cozy way it turned out. 

I started with this little cozy scene. The painting has the prettiest fall colors. It's from Lore Pemberton.  She's an artist in Vermont and I love even more than this her paintings of cozy unperfect homes - especially the kitchen scenes. I bought one for a shelf in our kitchen and I'll show that to you when I post our fall kitchen. 

I love the spay of wheat and the adorable pumpkin teapot. 


The mantle was fun to put together. Greens, golds (brass), and some orange. I love the way it came out. 


I can't believe how long I've had these pumpkins. I bought them 25 years ago when I was a young bride just beginning to learn how to decorate my home. I still think they are the cutest. 


I found this "Home Sweet Home" sign stitched at a thrift store and loved the colors in it. 


I love to decorate with books in this room and love these brass candlesticks so much. They are my moms. 


This is looking in from the porch. 




I switched out the area rug for this one I had for 27 years. It was the first area rug Scott and I bought when we were first married. I love it more than any other one I've had, and I think it looks perfect in here with it's cozy colors. 


So thankful for this room. And seeing these pictures makes me look forward to Friday night right now! 

Other posts you might like: 

Autumn in our Living Room

Little Hands In the Kitchen

Glorious September

Soon, Very Soon 




No comments:

Post a Comment