Saturday, September 30, 2023

Autumn in Our Kitchen

I like a traditional dining room, a formal living room, a cozy family room, but a whimsical kitchen. 

Our kitchen is where I like to to 'play' with my decorating and have some fun. 

Last Christmas it was a snowman childhood theme.

This fall I decided to go all neutrals giving me a blank palate for whatever I felt like. Here's a peek at our kitchen this autumn: 

Looking in from our dining room -- this is really the spot that is used the most. That particular part of the counter gets most of the 'heavy work' and cooking. I like to set up little scenes that might make it inspiring to be in there. 


Here is the opposite side looking from our kitchen table. You might spot something new! I'll show you a close up in another post some day but for now just a peek at the outside -- it's my own little country store! I found it at an antique store and it was there FOREVER! Every time I went to the store I 'visited it'. One day I said joking, "I'm headed out to visit that little country store", and Scott said, "why don't you just bring it home?" 

So I did!

And since this picture (when it was vacant) I've been filling it with shelves and things that would be for sale at an country store. Oh I love it so much! 


Still loving these sweet baskets above the kitchen sink -- the colors look especially tender in the fall. 


I love adding as much cozy as I can and this little cordless (chargeable) lamp is such a soft touch. I've never had it on the windowsill but I love the spot of light especially at night. 

Love that ironstone gravy bowl I found at a thrift store too! 


Scooped up this covered butter dish for a few dollars... darling! 


Looking from the hallway into the kitchen. We keep our cast iron pans out all the time. When they were in the cupboard we barely used them (so heavy and tricky to get out) But out here they are used daily! 


This area really deserves a post of it's own (maybe I will someday). When we pained our kitchen white this summer I asked Scott if he could build some open shelving right next to the table. I used to have a huge canvas of my daughters. I loved it but wanted a different look here. And it couldn't have come out better. 


Here is a better look at those shelves. I love them so much! 


Here you can see how it ties into the mug rack so nicely. I did 'loose' one mug rack with the shelves going here but I have plenty of room right on the shelves if I don't have enough room on the rack. 


On the other side of the room is another little bitty shelf Scott built me. This season I have a teapot, a little pumpkin pie, and all of my ironstone creamers.  


oh... and this adorable little pitcher that reminds me of a favorite childhood picture book. 


A close up of the general store... adorable! 



On those shelves Scott built me I have a framed print. I chose this one because it's a kitchen scene with a mama getting soup and bread on the table. She's calling her two daughters in for dinner as they play in the fallen leaves in the backyard. It reminds me of those years blogging years when my girls were in elementary school and I was home with them. 


Wooden spoons in a crock, painted trays, and baskets with apples are a few of my favorite things in the fall. 



The baking center and pie cooking window have a cozy feel this fall -- ready for apple crisp and pies. 


So many cozy mugs to choose from. 


And that's it! Thanks for coming along on a tour of our kitchen this fall.  

Here's our dining room
Family room this fall 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment