Wednesday, January 20, 2021

What a Wonderful Day for America!








I want to remember this day and the joy that it held! 

I was so excited as I drove to school on this H I S T O R I C day! 

I always play classical music as my fourth graders enter the classroom. Today I chose to play America the Beautiful (instrumental). They came in peaceful knowing that I was 'setting the stage' for an important day. 

During our Morning Meeting we talked about what the word Inauguration means -

We talked about why this day is a historic event - 

And that we would watch it with joy as a class. 

I had tears in my eyes as we said the Pledge of Allegiance this morning. 

And then as the official guests were arriving I turned it on. It was so important to me that the children saw the Capital looking beautiful as opposed to the destruction from two weeks ago. That was a terrible day in America. 

We watched as the FIRST woman was became vice-president. 

We watched as Joe Biden became president. 

It was moving and just wonderful. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

And then I came home to celebrate with my family. 

We had an all-American, fun dinner with the best burgers, fries and I'm not sure how I did it but baked an apple pie. (I made the pie crust and started the crumb topping the night before) 

At night we all watched the 'live' feed (we recorded since we didn't want to watch the new of it) and ate apple pie. 





It was a very special night! 

God bless America! 


2 comments:

  1. A wonderful day indeed! We watch the inauguration when I got home from work. I had tears in my eyes the entire time. I loved how Juliana said YES with a big smile on her face right after Vice President Kamala Harris was sworn in. Your apple pie looks delicious. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love this post! I made a cake and decorated it in red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete