Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Weekending and Rhythms

This weekend we had a big bathroom project. 




Here's the best news! It's done! I have no pictures but picture in your mind - shiny and white white white white white. 

We had a long talk on Sunday morning how {because of the bathroom} we didn't do our rhythms as we call them. 

But first what are rhythms? 
  • Rhythms of life are the anchors in our days, those things that hold us fast
  • They keep us from drifting in the winds of life
  • It's a commitment to shared fellowship with kindred spirts {those that think like us, believe what we do, strive to grow...}
  • They give our lives stability - and in the same way, something to look forward to
  • Just like when they were little: morning devotions, read-aloud, play and pretend, rhythms are part of who we are and what we do 
  • They shape order
  • They are a celebration of life in the mundane that keeps our home happy and growing
  • They can be different during different seasons {summer calls for slower days and allows me to prepare elaborate tea times} {summer has us all reading on the couch together right after lunch}
Pizza bread and a family movie that we all watch together.

Saturday date night {Scott and I eat something yummy as an evening snack and sit and talk or maybe watch something} {the girls have special sister time with a yummy evening snack and draw or play or create or watch something together - but always to talk and talk and talk and laugh really loud} 

So when Sunday rolled around I felt depleted. Our rhythms fill my soul and keep me going. 

We decided then and there that we would keep our Sunday tradition of all going for a walk in the woods. {even if the bathroom didn't get done} and it felt w o n d e r f u l


By the time it was dinner on Sunday evening I knew I could never let another weekend go by without our traditions so I wrote them in pen in my planner - even though I've never had to - with the time right next to it so that nothing gets in the way. {even something as wonderful as a new bathroom} 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment