Monday, January 11, 2021

Weekending

 Things I loved about the weekend

  • I loved Friday night with my sauce and my dough made Thursday night with his creativity of what we now call "pizza bread" eaten in our family room around the fireplace - so cozy, so yummy and being inspired as we watched our last Christmas movie of the season: The Nativity Story
  • I loved digging in on Saturday and deep cleaning our house
  • I loved our brisk walk in the woods - I love the cold when I'm walking - I love this nature park with miles of woods, ponds, trails that is so close to our house
  • I loved sewing a new sink skirt and redecorating our kitchen for January
  • I loved an outside (35... burr!), masks & more than 6 feet apart visit with my parents for my birthday - that was certainly a first, opening presents outside in CT when your birthday is in January - but we are determined to keep others safe since we are exposed to Covid in our everyday lives at school
  • I loved sitting and talking in our family room Saturday night as I opened family presents - aren't presents from your children the very best in the world? Oh my goodness how they light up when they find just the right thing for you that they can afford themselves - I love their faces and their joy
  • I loved my quiet morning early on  Sunday when everyone was still sleeping
  • I loved all the cooking Scott and I did together to prep for Sunday dinner and all of the food for the week - being in the kitchen with him is so fun! 
  • I'm going to love (just after I type this) my cozy flannel sheets - not so much my 5am alarm, ha! 
(thanks Scott for snapping this on your phone - this is 48 by the way... just a few days after my birthday... in fact this hike was exactly what I asked to do... I love a hike in the New England woods in the winter) 

Have a lovely week ~

No comments:

Post a Comment