Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Seeing Autumn

Apple crisp, a favorite childhood book with the most beautiful illustrations, and tea, always tea is how I chose to 'taste and see that the Lord is good'.... 

(one little book that reminds me of Anna at 5 and one little book that reminds me of Abigail at 5)



Tonight I came home - changed - and looked out my bedroom window. I thought, "oh my goodness, I am the luckiest." So I grabbed my camera to capture what I saw on my way downstairs to have dinner with my little family. 


 Pretty amazing through the sheer curtains 



Looking from upstairs out to the backyard... 


Through the dining room window



This sweet 5 minutes of running around and taking a few pictures made me think about how we can choose so many times to see God's goodness in the everyday. It doesn't matter how full our days are - doesn't matter if I'm not 'home' like I was for those 13 precious years - I can still choose to 'see Autumn'

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good. Blessed is the one that takes refuge in Him. 

The Lord is always good. It is our choice to taste and see that goodness. Even in a moment of looking out of my window. Even with laundry to start, a family to meet at the dinner table, 4th graders to plan for, on and on. I will always have more peace, more joy when I taste and see that the Lord is good. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Although simple, this post is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete