Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Capturing Autumn, It's Just Not Possible

I am so glad for this blog and a place to put my photos. 

Sometimes I get a panicked feeling as October is ending Because that means that the leaves are almost gone. I wait for them all year long. It is so beautiful to live in Connecticut in the fall. 

If you ever visit New England in the fall we are at peak color around October 20th - Vermont around October 13th. 

Recently I brought my camera in the car when Scott was driving and I snapped away - these are the usual places we drive every day. Our neighborhood, our town, our schools...

... in fact most of the pictures are blurry but I love them anyway. 

But pictures just can't capture it. There is a smell in autumn too, and that can't get on the blog. 

Sometimes Scott and I daydream about what house we'd like to move into... it's so much fun to dream. 

There is this one that is a speck across the pond - it's take your breath away kind of house surrounded by the woods. 


This on my way to school



And my "little school in the woods" 


I'll always love a drive with a bend in the road


Another of my school in the woods


A picket fence and an old barn with a dreamy tree 



A whiz of color flying by... 


The swirl of leaves on the ground 


Sometimes I have my ISO too high but I still love it. 


And this, I drive by everyday on my way to school. I caught these too late, one or two days earlier it was stunning. 


Main street... ahhh



And this front yard - how I love how they decorated with pumpkins on the old stone fence posts. 



Oh goodness, it's a good thing that Christmas is next because it's just hard to give up October. 

1 comment: