Friday, October 9, 2020

Early Fall In the Kitchen

 Well, I said back in this post that really with decorating I'm never done. And I wasn't. I decided to quickly sew and change the sink skirt and kitchen curtains. 

I really like how the blue matches the walls (that are a pale blue) much better - and yet, still fall. 

And that new rug that Abigail and I found at a local garden store. I love the memory of us picking it out together. 💞

12

A view from my kitchen sink

11

Squealed when I found this apple pie at a thrift store for $4

10

And that Home Sweet Home sign with just a touch of embroderty in pretty fall colors. 

9

8

A collection of mugs - none from Home Goods - all from here and there - antique shops, thrift stores. I adore every one of them. 

I love mugs from Emma Bridgewater (especially her 'year in the country' collection that is all seasonal) and I love the thin china mugs from Susan Branch and her little on line store. But most of my favorites are I've bought all year long, not in the autumn at all. If I find a beautiful fall mug in May at a thrift store, I scoop it up and pack it away. 

Having this stand makes our hot tea (and pumpkin tea lattes) such a treat. 

7

Here are a few close ups of them 

mug 1

mug 2

mug 3

mug 4

mug 5

mug 6 

And I can never post my kitchen without my baking center in the autumn



4

It sure is different now that summer is over - my lazy days at home are a distant memory now. I adore what I do - getting to my school and teaching - the school day feels like 15 minutes, even though it's 4:00 when I get home. I love home and I count my blessings that I get to come home to such a cozy, happy place. 




1 comment:

  1. I have been meaning to drop by and leave you a comment for some time now...just so busy with pandemic-teaching that I rarely fid a minute to type, BUT I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. Happy Sunday. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete