Thursday, March 26, 2020

It sort of feels like this should be a Friday - but it's Thursday.

Never has there been a longer week.

We are trying so hard to be successful at our new normal.

I love teaching - and teaching from home is still teaching. But it's too much time in front of a screen. In order to teach and reach my fourth graders twice a week I set up 44 different google meets - they are like face time.

We talk, I type notes on a second computer for things they need - things going well for them - things I need to do for them.

It's a whole different way to teach - one certainly that wasn't touched upon in college.

And my girls are in front of screens too much too.

So this afternoon I had exactly 23 minutes before a staff meeting on line and then more google meets with kids so we got outside.

IMG_4019

It's amazing what fresh air and sunshine can do.

IMG_4020

One more day and then we exhale - one week of distance learning and distance teaching almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment