Friday, March 13, 2020

Closing

pillow

Today I closed my classroom door, drove home, cried, and fell asleep by 8:30.

It was the most emotional week of teaching I've ever had. Ever.

There was a complete scare, a classroom evacuation, students in tears, some chaos, and rushed goodbyes... all details I can't write about here.

It wasn't good.

And oh how I didn't want to leave this beautiful place, my classroom where I spend so many hours each weekday.

Leaving with uncertainty. Leaving with confusion. Leaving with more questions than answers. Leaving with my heart heavy and so sad.

We are home now. All home for the next two weeks. {possibly longer} We will do our part and stay home. And pray for the world, our country, our state, our families, and those we hold dear. And yes, for those children and their families in my classroom.




1 comment:

  1. I actually started crying yesterday when I went to the school to pick up Camille's clarinet, school work for Char and Cam, and the stuff from their lockers. The lady from the office said she believes it will be at least 8 weeks before schools open again, this is in New York state, Cayuga County. It's just so strange. I love having my girls home, this is the first year they've been back in public school after five years of homeschooling. It's not new to us to have them home. (They are children # 15 and #16, most of the others went to public school...). Anyway, we need to keep praying, and be thankful, and remember that this is just another trial, a testing of our faith...drawing near to God is the best thing we can do for our kids.
    Della

    ReplyDelete