Sunday, January 19, 2020

January is Light and Pretty

I chose to decorate a bit different in January than I have done in the past. I wanted a lighter look - no snowmen, no mittens. Lots of green with pink mixed in. Vintage dishes ❤ and a homey look that makes me smile just being home.

As soon as Christmas was packed away (like on December 29th) Anna looked at me and said, "well, it's a clean slate... now you can start making your vignettes!" She knows me so well.

I stared with my pie cooling rack. I've never make a vignette for that area because it's for cooling pies but I thought this looked sweet.

A vintage cloth, an old wooden bucket, a favorite pie cookbook, my rolling pin 💕, and a plate I saved from a thrift shop.

home 2

I even love it from the back - this is the first thing I see when I walk in the back door to the mudroom each afternoon.

Swoon, that window is original to the house from 1952. We we added on the mudroom the contractor asked me if I wanted to wall it off - slap up a piece of sheetrock over it... ummmm no!

home 3

My baking center has a sweet vintage January look to it.

home 4

home 10

home 11

home 12

With tablecloths I've collected here and there.

home 5

The dining room has lots of milkglass and my Susan Branch books.

home 6

home 14

home 20

Pom pom curtains hang on the above the kitchen sink.

home 7

A vintage table cloth on the kitchen table.

home 8

Our family verse.

home 9

In the living room I decided to keep it realllllly simple. The water color of my girls over the fireplace. I've never hung that piece in here but I really like it. It's more of a 'formal' room so I think it suits it just fine.

home 21

home 13

While in the family room with all of the red and green gone, it was time for some spring-like green. Not that I'm wishing away winter but I longed for a cheery look.  Did this in like 4.5 minutes.

home 18

home 15

home 16

home 17

home 19

Back teaching in the classroom is H U G E {still} and even though it makes me oh so happy and I walk in each day to room 124 at my little school in the woods with a smile on my face {I think "those are MY bulletin boards" "I can structure this day in the way I see best", on and on and on - - } but it's huge with papers to correct at night and planning

B U T

B U T

it's so so so so so important to me to pour love into my home. For our little family to have a shelter from the good and from the storms. A place we want to be in when we're not in our schools. Home.

"Every act of love is a work of peace no matter how small" (Mother Teresa)

and to me {and my family} how I make my house a home is an act of love.







1 comment: