Wednesday, January 15, 2020

How To Cry When Pets Die

The girls had to say goodbye to their little Christmas bird, Mistletoe today. (last week)

It was a sad week for them.

I know it's "just a bird" - ya know, in the category of a hamster or a guinea pig. I know it's not a beloved dog that they had for years and years. But they were sad. And I was sad for them.

I love how God used this small experience of loosing a pet to teach my girls the value of loving someone or something.

We will get another friend for Noel who is very quiet since Mistletoe left.

IMG_3576

I'm grateful for that afternoon after school when Anna didn't know and spent some time with him on a blanket, wrapping him up because he seemed tired. Grateful that she opened up her heart.

And so even though it was "only a bird" I taught them how to say goodbye, how to to let yourself cry and how to say goodbye.

IMG_3575




No comments:

Post a Comment