Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Record Keeper

Hi! That's me. I'm a record keeper. I've always had diaries and journals since I could write. That's why I keep this blog of mine. And although life has sifted a lot since I started this blog {almost ten years ago} and I no longer have babies home with me - in fact "home with me" has changed too. I'm a fourth grade teacher.

So as this family record keeper it is important to me that I record a little letter to my girls I like to call "The Night Before _________ Grade"

both

Tomorrow is our first day of school. I am tired {already} from setting it all up and all of those back to school meetings. But I'm bubbling over with excitement for all of the new - new students and a new year. And this year I already feel more balanced. Not stressed out - It's just another day, another new school year. And I love to teach. So bring it on!

But right now I need to write to my girls. So here goes:

Dear Anna,

Tomorrow you start 11th grade. I can't type that without feeling a wave of "how did that happen"? I suppose that mama has felt that ever since you started school and with each passing year. This is no exception. I don't want this year to come, to start tomorrow because I don't want my years with you at home to be almost over. So I'll push those feelings aside and just do now. So now, my sweet girl. Wow! Have you worked hard!  I can't imagine how you did so much -- Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for all you've done in all of your years of school. Please take time to enjoy this school year. Enjoy the learning. Enjoy your amazing high school. You are smarter than mama and daddy are put together, and I have no doubt that you will accomplish wonderful things in your life. Thank you for being our daughter and for being the best big sister. We all adore you - no one more that Abigail. Have a wonderful first day. We love you.

anna 4

anna 3

anna 2

anna 1

Dear Abigail,

Tomorrow is 7th grade for you. Middle school is something that can be tricky for some kids. But not you. You are still YOU. Sweet you with lovely friends and not caught up in any drama. You love learning and love teachers. Nothing has changed since Kindergarten, and I love that about you. I know you are ready to go back to school in the morning. I had the very best summer with you; I loved spending every day with you all day long. We made some wonderful memories. Thank you for being mine. Have fun tomorrow - listen - and smile. I can't wait to hear all about it when we are all home together (my very favorite place to be).  I love you.


abigail 1

abigail 3

abigail 2

abigail 4

1 comment:

  1. Such sweetness here. And I just have to add, I canNOT believe Abigail is in 7th grade! When did this happen?!

    ReplyDelete