Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Cruise to Canada ~ part 3

Good things about today: Anna has been super helpful around the house. Happy to help and soooOoooo good with Abigail.  Sometimes she amazes me. She sounds just like a mommy. She's me on my very best days. I want to remember how grateful and excited I am that Abigail helped me with my classroom library. It's done and I could live it it I love it so much. Children's books make me so so happy. We found a sweet lamp and some comfy new pillows for the kids to cuddle up with their books. And how Scott dropped Anna off and zipped over to my school for the 45 minutes before he picked her up. Now all of my bulletin board boarders are up. (I just have to create 6 bulletin boards) So so grateful for this little family that rally's and helps out. 

Back to the Vacation Photos!!!

Day 2: Bar Harbor Maine

We woke up bright and early and no one wanted to get out of their cocoon. {have I mentioned how much we loved that cozy little, really little room?} But we got up and dressed, had a breakfast at the buffet and off the ship we went into the sweet little town of Bar Harbor. It was only for a day and I certainly know that our family will be back; soon I hope. Here's what we did!!!

2-1

The day started out cloudy but then got sunny. Perfect temperature for exploring!

2-3

We booked an excursion on the LuLu Lobster boat. Anna has a thing for lobsters and it was such a fun outing! {although I was kinda like why are we getting on a boat when we just got off a boat}

2-4

But it wasn't just about lobsters. It was a from sea, Bar Harbor tour. The light house, the stories, the seals playing on the rocks there!

2-5

2-6

The coast of Maine is really spectacular.

2-7

2-8

2-9

We were on a lobster fisherman's boat and we stopped to check traps!

2-10

Pretty cool!

2-11

2-12

Anna with her lobsters and Abigail taking pictures the whole time.

2-13

It was like a mini lobster info class. My girls loved it.

2-14

2-15

2-16

2-17

That's a close as I got to holding one.

2-18

2-19

2-20

2-21

2-22'

I think the lobster jumped at that point which had Scott and the girls hysterical.

2-23

2-24

2-25

After the lobster boat morning we had my favorite part of Bar Harbor... lunch on the water and meandering through the town!

This was amazing... blueberry lemonade... to die for!

2-26

Creeky floor old book shops... we always go in!

2-27

Sweetest town with shoppes and streets that slope down to the waters edge.

2-28

And a beautiful town green.

2-29

2-30

2-31

Love this one Anna captured of us {and the ship in the background}

2-32

2-33

Another one of this town. As soon as I saw this I had to dig for my camera and thought of the greatest idea... a pie cooling window out of our {it's coming soon... but it's not done yet} screened in porch!!! I asked {begged} Scott right then and there.
Me: oh isn't that the sweetest thing ever! Can you build me something like that out our kitchen window? Oh how that would make my heart swoon. Can you? Can you?

2-34

Isn't it divine?

2-35

To be continued....

3 comments:

  1. What a cute town and what a fun experience to be out on a lobster boat! Everyone looks so happy in all of your pictures.. I totally agree you need a pie cooling window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty there, love the little town and you the pictures of you and Scott turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHH Bar Harbor is definitely on my travel list! It looks so picturesque and fun. Nicolas's parents visited there on their recent trip to the states and loved it. What a perfect summer day for you all! Also NEED to try that lemonade! :)

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete