Friday, August 10, 2018

Adventure

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, by in having new eyes." ~ Marcel Proust

untitled(296of441) blog

I am excited to start looking through the photos from our family vacation. As always it comes at a time when looking through photos is a gift as we are on the eve of change. In less than three weeks it is the first day of school. And that always comes with such mixed feelings as you all know. Feelings of excitement, feelings of newness, feelings of worry, feelings of anticipation, even feelings of panic. They come each and every end of August - it doesn't matter if I am the stay at home mama to a baby and a kindergartner or a teacher myself - I find that the feelings are the same. I don't want it to end. I want summer looooong mornings and nothing days. I want my girls with the all day long. I want the open space in my head to have a place to think and dream and plan and relax.

But each season brings blessings of its own and the end of August that is so quickly approaching is one such time. I am grateful for these days stretched out in front of me still - for it is still not the first day of school. And looking through 11 days of photos {of us together} is just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment