Friday, November 10, 2017

Just some thoughts on this Friday

I wonder how it's almost half way through November. I love this time of year and I just want it to slow down.

My life is full these days. Some days are crazy because I've gone back to the classroom after 13 years home. But each day holds a little cozy, a little family time, a little of what I love... home.

I love teaching. I love teaching.

My classroom is lovely and often other teachers say the sweetest things to me like "it's so peaceful and relaxing in here" Just the look I was going for. In some ways all of those 13 years home are now extended by my room 124. I see it as a our mini home. And it' so very important to me to have it 'just so'. (as my Grandmother would say)

We bought a new dining room set. I am in Heaven. It's my dream for a lifetime table, chairs, and buffet. And it's an antique. I'm in love.

Slowly the pumpkins are coming down and soon Christmas will go up. I will start early this year because I'm home less. And the moment dessert time arrives on Thanksgiving in our home it is Christmas. Period. So it all needs to go up before then. (except for our real tree... that's the only thing that has to wait)

I had an observation this week. It was in Literacy. (my sweet spot) And it went smashingly well. I kept thinking during the hour and a half my principal was in my room... well, I did it, thank you Lord, I'm back, this is exactly the way I want to teach every day, this feels so good.

But in that same week so busy in my classroom and in my planning and getting ready for teaching each day we had a few house projects going on at home. A few too many.

The girls bathroom, still working on that. Ugh!

We are having the playroom recarpeted next Saturday after a floor a few weeks ago. I'm so excited about new, clean carpet down there for wrapping Christmas, the girls playing, for winter workouts. So excited.

This week is Parent/Teacher conferences in our schools which means a wacky schedule for me and my girls. I'm a bit nervous about that.

But I'm excited about the Holiday's coming up. It's so nice to add in my 18 fourth graders into that joy.

I hope you weekend finds you cozy, or productive or a bit of both. Wishing you well,

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness are you a busy bee lately!!! ;) I can't wait to see your antique dining room set and congratulations on being such an amazing teacher already. I wouldn't expect your classroom to be anything less than cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo happy to hear you sooo happy!!!
    And I am not one bit surprised that your observation went wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete