Monday, October 9, 2017

Back to School Blessing

(this was back in early September)

Each year we have a special dinner outside to celebrate 'back to school'. It's not just a pretty dinner that we get all dressed up for. It's purpose is to introduce our girls to the 'theme' for our family for this school year. God is the focus of our theme always and Scott and I spend some time praying and letting God direct us as we choose a theme.

2016 is here

2015 is here

This year with all of the changes in our family we chose "The Great Adventure" for so many reasons.

One was that we have loved listening to Steven Curtis Chapman (we went to the concert at the beginning of the summer).

We started by decorating a table outside in our backyard.

9

1

And the girls got all dressed up

7

2

I set the table all pretty

6

8

We had a simple dinner of baked ziti

10

5

11

We enjoyed dinner so much after the hustle and bustle of getting home from Disney, setting up a classroom, and having the first 3 days of school.

12

The cake was topped with flowers. (I found a vase cake topper on line)

14

15

After dinner Scott presented to the girls our message for the year... the Great Adventure.

We listened to the song, and then talked about how God was leading us this year into so much great unknown and how to trust Him, let Him lead the way, and go joyfully.

16

And then they unwrapped their back to school stained glass stars.

3

18

For our high school freshman

19

It came out stunning this year.

20

And then it was Abigai Mei's turn.

4

21

22

23

I love watching their eyes light up.

24

25

And then we ate vanilla cake with 'butter' cream frosting.

26

It was an absolutly delightful evening.

850

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tara.
    How do you do it?
    How do you create such amazing moments and make them so peaceful and quaint?
    You. Are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your back to school dinner and the stained glass stars you give to your girls. I remember thinking last year I wanted to give my kiddos the same beautiful stars this year but I will have to wait until next year?
    And your backyard...the table set just perfect. Oh how I wish I could set out there with you. I am trying to figure out how I can get back your way soon!

    ReplyDelete