Monday, October 2, 2017

Fall Bucket List

I don't usually do a bucket list.  I always felt like it tied me in to things I 'had' to do.

But this fall is different.  Very different.  And exhilarating.  And heart warming.  And challenging.  And growing.  And wonderful.  And so much rolled into one.

We have strong seasonal traditions, and when something is a tradition I never felt the need to put it on a poster and advertise to my family the things we were doing that season.  But this year I wanted to 'make sure' that the favorite things we love happened.

So one evening at dinner I asked each person to secretly write down one thing that was very important to them during the fall season.  So they each wrote one thing that if fall ended it just wouldn't be the same without that one thing.

Then I took all four of our ideas (along with the traditions we always do) and wrote down a bucket list.

bucket list 1

It's in our mud room, right outside our kitchen door.

bucket list 2

It's the first thing we see when we walk in from the garage anytime we're coming home and that makes me happy!

bucket list 3

bucket list 4

And this weekend we were able to cross off two things on that happy fall list!

And THAT made me even happier.

bucket list 5

Scott ~        go for a hike in a new place
Anna ~       make yummy candy apples
Abigail~    roast marshmallows
Tara ~        go for a leaf peeping drive




4 comments:

  1. Love.
    Love.
    Love.
    Love everything about this.
    And you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love your list. Let me know when you roast marshmallows because I want to come over. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara! I am always reading along! So wonderful how you said in a previous post how Anna has been such a big help & embracing the role of a big sister! Sometimes having your big sister or brother do something for you that mom normally does actually makes for a love filled & kindred memory! We know our moms will always do those things, but when your big sister is there for you! It just make their bond that much stronger! I love bucket lists although I don't always make them for the same reasons you didn't!! Haha! But some things like baking apple pie are just a given! A time held tradition! I hope you all are all doing great! I truly admire you so much! Happy Fall again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and I love the little drawings next to each item!

    ReplyDelete