Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Early October Weekending

weekend 4

I'm not gonna lie.  This transition is hard.  (and it is glorious too... oh man, when I'm in front of those precious 4th graders I am an ear to ear grin) But it is tiring.  And exhausting.  This week (as in tomorrow, Wednesday) is my first formal observation.  The principal will be in my room typing away for over an hour.  So this weekend (with a ton of help from my husband principal) I had to figure out the lesson.  And fill out a ton of forms to prep for my pre-observation on Monday.  There were tears, mine.  I sometimes doubt my ability.  Or I feel overwhelmed.  But then I remember that I am doing what I'm called to do.  And I got through.

But my camera (and this blog) captures that in the same weekend.  The one with the tears.  The one with the teacher stuff all spread out all over the dining room table and the dining room floor.  Was still the same weekend with these moments I'm about to share.  There was still fall magic in the air (and such beautiful 60 degree weather)  And magic with my family!

weekend 1

I make the sauce and dough on Thursday night. He makes the pizza on Friday night!

weekend 2

weekend 3

Her bucket list fall idea and it made us all happy.

weekend 5

weekend 6

weekend 7

weekend 8

weekend 9

Crafting
(a bed for Belle)

weekend 10

(helping her sister sew pillows for her bed for Belle)

weekend 11

Writing

weekend 12

weekend 13

Baking

weekend 14

weekend 15

Noticing (I love light and shadows in my house)

weekend 16

More shadows (see the stars? They are from their back to school stained glass stars.)

weekend 17

weekend 18

And on the perfect weather day, Sunday there was THIS!!!! Apple picking... more pictures coming soon!

apple picking 2

apple picking 1




1 comment:

  1. Your pizza looks wonderful! And smores in the backyard..perfect!

    ReplyDelete