Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Walt Disney World ~ part two

BAKER 024

"If you can dream it, you can do it." Walt Disney


The morning we traveled to Florida I had an interview at 9am.  (I talked about it back here)

(I can't believe that I didn't have Scott snap a picture of me that morning) 

When I pulled in the driveway after the interview the girls were already in the car.  So excited.  It was just so exciting.  I changed right out of my interview dress and heals and put on my comfy travel day outfit.  Scott turned off the water to the house and off we went.  

We live very close to the airport so we had no problem making the flight on time.

Love her Minnie mouse toes.

travel day 1

(so happy that interview was over!)

travel day 2

This time we decided to extend our Disney stay by one day.  In the past we've gone right from our flight landing in Fl to the "magical express" (bus that takes you from the Orlando airport to Disney World) buuuuuut that really cuts that first Disney day in half.  

So we stayed here at the Hyatt Regency Orlando and it was lovely.  Perfect travel day hotel.  We got there in the afternoon and instead of rushing off to the Disney property we relaxed, had a wonderful dinner, and enjoyed our down time.  The restaurant overlooked the planes taking off and landing.  And at night we thought we'd just look at the pool .... but when we saw that no one was there and how cool it was on the TOP of the hotel looking over the runway of the airport we just had to grab the girls suits and let them have fun!

So so pretty

travel day 7

travel day 3

travel day 4

travel day 5

travel day 6

Well, the next day was DISNEY DAY! We decided ahead of time that as soon as we got up we were hopping on that 'magical express' and hoped to eat breakfast at our hotel.

travel day 8

Waited for this since we told the girls way back in the middle of winter.

travel day 9

travel day 10

The Hawaiian music, the sound of the lobby and the water, the greeting from the cast members, Oh I love Disney!

travel day 11

travel day 12

I love everything about this hotel. I love that it's on the monorail loop. I love that it's a Hawaiian theme. I love it one of the older Disney World hotels (along with the Contemporary that we love too) Those 'first' hotels in Disney have such charm and detail.

travel day 13

There was a surprise for the girls when they entered the room.

travel day 14

travel day 15

travel day 16

travel day 17

travel day 18

travel day 19

travel day 20

travel day 21

We hit the Volcano pool first!

travel day 22

travel day 23

Sooooo a word on traveling with Abigail and her many allergies. Disney is a wonderful place to go to with food allergies. So so wonderful (I'll tell more on that later) I found a allergy bakery that delivers to Disney hotels. We ordered Abigail donuts and banana muffins from here. They were amazing (she shared her muffins with me) Often we grab and go for our breakfasts to get to the parks and I wanted something 'not from home' for Abigail. I brought foil and wrapped them individually and kept them in the frig. She was beyond delighted each morning to have a bakery donut!

travel day 24

travel day 25

That afternoon I rode the 5 second monorail ride to the Grand Floridian and had my hair blown out (huge, fancy treat for this mama) here at their beautiful hair salon.  I know, seems over the top.  It did to me too.  But every once in a while I think it might be okay to go over the top.  And I sure did enjoy myself.

travel day 1

travel day 2

And then we had a photos taken at the Polynesian. I'll share more of those later but boy oh boy did I find a talented photographer! She sure made us look good!

Dinner was at one of the restaurants at our hotel called Ohana.  They have a character breakfast but we really love their dinner.  It's a Polynesian, open grill style.  And it's amazing.  Scott has been talking about it since we went there four years ago.  He was really looking forward to eating there!

The sky over the volcano pool lit up so pretty and we could see Cinderella's castle and Space Mountain!

travel day 3

And this adorable face was all lit up when the chief brought her out this amazing dessert for my allergy girl!

travel day 4

After dinner just was dessert was served the Magic Kingdom fireworks started.  They had the matching music in the restaurant and we had perfect seats to be able to see the Magic Kingdom from our table.

travel day 5













It really was the perfect ending to a perfect day.  I could have gotten on a plane and gone home that night.  And all would have been magical enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'll say it again.
    No-one. No-one does Disney like you. : )
    P.S. Abigail, your donuts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete