Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Re-post from September 2010

I know, I know, it's only 2 1/2 hours (twice a week),
but I hate it! 
I know there are EE meals to cook, Scott's shirts to iron, a house to clean, a tornado from breakfast in the kitchen, and so much more.  And I know I'll sink into this new preschool thing soon, but not today.  Not after she said the very thing we've always said to each other since she was a baby. 
It shouldn't have taken me by surprise, but it did. 
 Always after dropping off Anna safe and sound at school and I buckled her in her car seat we've always said together,
"let's spend the day together." 
 And when she said that this morning, oh boy....

I know, I know, she's only 3 years old and I have so much more with her, but I hate that the baby days are over and I have to share her with school. 

She was excited and I was nervous. 
 But she didn't 'run right in' like I thought. 
She was a bit more like Anna. 
Confident and strong, but apprehensive. 
 She didn't quite know what to do. 
But there were no tears; I'm grateful for that.













Even good change, I just don't like change. 
It takes a while for me to sink into things. 
I can remember a long walk my Dad and I took the night before my wedding.  Even though all of my dreams were about to come true the next day there was a piece of me that didn't want to let go of home, mom and dad, Cromwell Hills, and the feeling of being little.  I can remember another walk Father Bob took me on when I was going to say goodbye to him.  My dorm room was packed and I was ready to move out of college so that I could student teach.  Another day of change, and I had to have my hand held. 

Today it's not quite that dramatic but it is held by the One who knows all of the changes to happen to me.  The One who says believe me now.  Believe me here.  Remember all the times I've told you loud and clear.  I am with you and I am for you. 
Believe me now.




No comments:

Post a Comment