Monday, May 9, 2016

He Hit it Outta the Park!

Mother's Day that is....

I adore my husband.  And no celebration in my life, especially not my motherhood, would be complete (or even happy) without Scott.  He is the one that made all of my dreams in motherhood come true.  They were OUR dreams.  And in a way it feels like on Mother's Day we're celebrating our family, not just me.  And I like that.

My sweet morning started with an early riser. And snuggles reading to her in bed.

1

2

.. while we waited for her sister to wake up

3

I was treated to a pretty breakfast. (at home... just perfect)

4

5

6

With the cards I love so much all lined up

7

It was a rainy morning. But the sun promised to come out later that day.

8

I love this little family of mine. Oh so much!

9

Now, there are a million photos (that Anna took) of my opening. But I love them all. Because I want/need to remember how they made me feel that morning. And I love their expressions so much!

Scott's words were just what I needed to hear. So filled with us.

10

11

And he gave me such a pretty heart necklace (to match that braclet he gave me for Valentiens day)

12

13

And another Beatrix Potter for my collection

14

I know that every family is different. There is no 'right way'. But for me. There is NO celebration. Nothing I can celebrate without Scott. He is the keeper of my dreams. He is my everything. Mother's Day feels like a celebration of us, of our family. And our love. It's all tied in, really. And I am so blessed to walk through all of life's celebrations holding his hand.

"Are you the reason my happy heart sing?
... But definitely."  Shirley Temple 

15

Darling, sweet, eight year old girls card. Nothing better.

17

18

I love knowing that she poured over every detail. And every word in her poem!

19

Especially the "ohhhh la la!" part of mommy (since it was all she could think of) Had us all giggling.

20

21

Scott told me she knew just what she wanted to get me before they even left for the antique store. Mama and her babies Beatrix Potter.

22

23

I love that girl so.

"There is a garden in her face
where roses and lilies grow."  Thomas Campion 

24

25

Scott's turn for the camera and Anna's turn for giving me a lovely card.

26

27

28

29

And what a lovely tea cup she chose for me.

30

The one who made me a mama. I'm so grateful she's my girl.

There is no reason that facts can't be fairy tales 
and fairy tales, facts.  

31

32

We spent some time just relaxing during the day while we waited for the sun to shine.

33

Abigail wanted to find which Beatrix Potter books my newest (antique) figurine characters were in.

34

When the sun came out we went out. Exploring and discovering a new little town to us. Rolling hills with spring trees blooming. Farms and bakery's. And of course antiques.

36

37

38

It was a lovely lovely day to celebrate all that I hold dear.

39

Yes, from start to finish Scott hit it outta the park. I was loved on from the moment I woke up to the moment my eyes fluttered closed.







3 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect day :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara.
    You were born to be a mother.
    Their mother.
    And his wife.
    And you do it impeccably.
    Plus... You are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete