Monday, October 20, 2014

Waxing Leaves

11

I can go far or near. I can follow the map and guide from fancy, slick magazines. But by far my favorite fall tree is oh so close.

12

I've stood there and taken pictures too many times to count.

2012

anna lying down1

anna throwing leaves

2010

14 collage

13 collage

2014

6

It's at the girls school.

4

And somehow each year I am sad when the last of those leaves flutter down. I know they are coming back but I love this tree so much.

9

In our house we call it "Mrs. Mulready's tree".

It just is... her tree.

they love their teacher

This fall she is home with the most precious goodness... a newborn baby... but Abigail didn't want her to miss 'seeing' her tree.

6

7

So we waxed leaves, boxed them up, and delivered them to her door. I know that staring into the face of her new love is really all the goodness she needs right now but Abigail was sure she'd need her tree.

1

2

3 collage

10

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower ~Albert Camus

2 comments:

  1. I love your quote!
    We waxed leaves a few years back and the kids had a wonderful time doing it. How have I forgotten about this? Now I have a project I want to do. Would you like to join me? ;) We turned them into a banner in our kitchen.

    I so love seeing pictures of your beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...that tree.
    That tree.
    My heart!!!!
    How sweet of your girl...
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete