Sunday, September 19, 2010

In this moment...


In this moment, I can remember back. 
I can smell the smells, tastes the tastes, feel the feelings of China 2004. 
There is something that happens when they are all together for this picture. 
She's not just Anna... did you do your reading log?  Can you pick up your room?  Where is your viola case?  Let's go, we're late for school... she's Anna Jiang Qian (beautiful, river)
and she's my daughter. 



The happiest picture! 
They are all excited about a frog that Lily caught. 
At first I tried to get her to put in down in her little can for the picture but then I thought of when my Dad said one Thanksgiving when Anna was little and wanted "weebee" in her hands for the pictures.  "It shows her age."  And now I cherish those pictures that show her littleness.  So the frog smiled and got to be in the famous Chna 115 reunion picture. 



There is something so profound in these moments when they are all together like this. 
God is so good. 


This is where it all started. 
They spent 14 months together here. 
They were all they had. 
That's why it's so important to have our reunions.  So they'll always have each other. 
Their friendships are the sweetest I've ever known between children; truly blessed by god. 


2004


2005


2006


2007


2008


2009

No comments:

Post a Comment