Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Sunday Afternoon

18

You are not going to believe me.  This idea popped into my head on the way home from Mass on Sunday afternoon.  It was a balmy 38 out.  That is sooooo warm for Connecticut in February.  Last night it was below 0.  That is more normal around here.  So when I felt the sunshine and warm air after Mass I couldn't help but think we've got to get out!  I was thinking, I wish we could have a picnic outside.  And then it dawned on me, we could.  And all of a sudden we were home.  I was carting the little table outside and making mitten sandwiches.  And this is what I came up with.

1

I had all the food already in the house. Just had to warm soup up. I got it piping hot knowing that it would cool off fast outside and I wanted them to eat something warm.

8

10

4

16

My Grandma Sullivan gave me this Wedgwood Strawberry China when Scott and I got engaged back in 1994. I remember opening it up on Christmas Eve... Scott sitting next to me.

2

And them my parents bought me the matching tea pot when they went to London years ago.

3

"If you are cold, tea will warm you; If you are too heated, it will cool you; If you are depressed, it will cheer you; If you are excited, it will calm you"
  ~ William Gladstone 


13

I told the girls to stay in their church clothes and I brought things out one at a time.  (while Scott kept an eye on the food so the birds didn't have their own tea party.

5

6

21

9

They were so excited and I don't think they really beleved that I was giong to let them eat outside in the winter.

15

7

20

11

12

You can tell that I was 'putting it together' as it was going on. I ran in to add more props as it went along. (I'm not one to think it through before... when I get an idea I want to do it NOW) So I added in the hat and the gloves.

14

And her moose muff

17

My favorite picture... It's their faces... how they always look... together.  I am so grateful for them.

22

Yup, it was good! Finger lickin good!

19

23

3 comments:

  1. you make everything special. and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable!!! I love that years from now they are going to remember that time mom set up a tea party in the snow, those are the moments us moms live for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! They will always remember this, Tara!
    I adore it.
    And you.
    It is beautiful...every single thing. : )

    ReplyDelete