Monday, December 15, 2014

We Saw Santa!

Ahhh New England at Christmastime
21  collage

I had a pot of tea and Anna had her annual hot chocolate. We had a lovely lunch and this year my parents came! It was so special

1

We are surrounded my mall Santas where we live. So close we could almost walk to a few! But we drive over and hour to see the real one! And it's worth it!

Abigail was nervous in line.

2

Nothing her sister couldn't help her with.

3

4

Little hand in big hand...love.

5

Anna didn't quite know what do to with herself at first.  I think she was planning on chatting with Mrs. Claus the whole time.  But I'm so happy that Santa brought her in on the fun.

My Abigial froze at first (and I love Anna in this one... just being there for Abigail)

7

But a few minutes later she was happy as could be.

8

Isn't he awesome?

9

6

Mrs. Claus is pretty sweet too.

13

Now, usually it's my 'little one' who seems to melt my heart with Santa.  Little hands, little feet that don't reach the ground when she's sitting on his lap... all magic to me.

11

But it was my big girl that made my eyes well up with tears and a smile so big my face hurt when our turn was over.

14

Just look at her... magic... purely Christmas magic... and she's under the spell...

15

16

He talked to Anna for a loooong time. And he didn't skip a beat knowing that she was the big sister. (sometimes with adoption and having a Chinese daughter it takes people a little while to figure our family out... not Santa) This was his look as he was chatting with her about school and working hard in school.

17

Yes, it was delightful up in the toy loft that afternoon.

18

19

And all around the store too.

20

The perfect, snow on the ground, Christmas kind of day.  Oh how I love Christmas!

22

2 comments:

  1. Oh your pictures... Just beautiful Tara! What a lovely holiday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so wonderful, Tara!! (What a great Mr. And Mrs. Claus as well.)

    ReplyDelete