Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last Day!

2

Today was the last day of school. And although we all feel excited about it... we all really have mixed emotions. With the last day of school comes the fact that my little girl is now a fourth grader! That is just too old sounding to me! And although we can't wait to play, swim, and just be together with not much on the calendar we are sad, very sad to say goodbye to Anna's very special teacher. Not just a wonderful teacher but one who loved on Anna those 184 days of third grade. She made her feel extra special, made her feel oh so proud to be adopted, and reminded her every day how wonderful Anna is. Yesterday when Abigail and I attended an end of the year program at her school I got a chance to say goodbye to her loved Mrs. Anderson. It was the first time I cried. I just couldn't help it as I got those words out, "thank you for everything you did for Anna this year. You changed her life." And in true Mrs. Anderson fashion she just smiled and gave Anna a hug and a kiss. May there be many more special teachers for Anna in her future... but Mrs. Anderson we will always remember you. Thank you for making her believe what you've said over and over... "you're fantastic".  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. 

3

Here are a few pictures I was able to snap of Anna this morning. It is a scorcher her in Connecticut... 95 and humid so we picked the coolest outfit she owned, put her hair up in a bun and swept it all back.

4

And here she is hoping out of the car along with the two other kids I drive each day to school.

5

I love this happy smile on her face as she's walking out after that last bell rang! That must be her "it's summer" smile!

8

7

6
(please excuse the blur... my little point and shoot is not as fast as the 'big' camera)

And last but not least, this was yesterday, West Indies Day! Dancing outside with her whole third grade.

1

2

When siblings here asked to join in

4

3

And always a picture with her teacher.

6

And Anna's third grade best friends. I get all teary when I see a picture of them together. They are her first real school friends. They are kind, silly, fun to be with, and yes Asian. We know that the hand of God was there when she made friends this year. Love these girls so much!

5

And we're off... not anywhere really... just home... and I'm as happy as can be!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Summer to you and the girls!!!!

    Looks like a great last day was had by all......and you captured it perfectly my friend:))


    Hope you all enjoy your carefree days this summer!!

    xoxo,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfits and her smile leaving school is priceless! Wonderful pictures as always!
    Have a lovely week!

    blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete