Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Look Back ~Day 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

So Halloween came and went and we knew we were in for another whole week of no power.  Each night the mayor would call our cell phones with a recorded message.  Aft first they started closing schools one day at a time and then they just called it off for the whole week and half of the next. 

We had our system down by then.  The days were fine, really.  I have to admit that I loved no school, no viola lesson, no group lessons, no tennis, no computer, no nothing.  We spent our days in the sunniest room, our living room in front of the fireplace.  I'm thankful that I'm a girl who loves to be home and WITH her girls.  I soaked it in.  I also knew that Anna would remember this week and I didn't want her to remember mommy all stressed out.  So we had fun!  We spent a lot of time on the floor just playing...

final 16

I had to move the furniture around quite a bit to make it work for the week and a half, but that was so much fun for the girls.

We got this carpet down from the attic. It used to be in our living room and is like new since we're hardly ever in there.  We just got tired of it.  We moved the couches over, away from the fireplace and this made the perfect spot for the girls to play. 

final 2

They love their Disney princess finurine sets. 
final 15

And of course fairies...

final 14


And from their newest favorite movie (and I couldn't be happier about this one) Winnie the Pooh.  There really is no sweeter movie. 

final 13

final 12

Our nights were always the same.  Dark and cold but cuddly and sweet.  Anna read to Abigail with a flashlight each night. 

final 11

final 10

Bath time was moved to the morning since I didn't want wet hair at bedtime.  It was one of the "big activities" of the day! 
final 9

And after bath the girls were bundled in their robes and slippers.  I had to have everything laid out and ready during the day before it got dark at night and was hard to find. 
final 1

The girls connected our family room and living room (now called "our two playrooms") with a tunnel and a tent. 


final 8

Coffee table moved away and bins of toys gathered.

final 7



Our flashlight and candle box.  Organized and ready to go each day so that we weren't looking around once it started getting dark.

final 6

I stopped by the store and picked up an old fashioned carpet sweeper.  I love clean floors, and not being able to use the vacuum for all of those days was sure a challenge for me.  This did the trick. 

final 5

Our frig on day 4... empty

final 4

Our outside frig on the final day.  Scott added snow to these boxes and coolers every day.  It kept some of our Abigail food cold. 
final 3

I would actually go out there in the morning, get some eggs and make french toast. By the final day I was so sick of it! We ended up throwing it all out and starting over when the power came back on. It took me two weekends to cook and freeze my "Abigail food". It sure makes me appreciate my precooked, proportioned, food that was always ready to go for her.

And I was never so happy to have power on. Still, two weeks later I think about it at night when I turn on the lights. Phew... I'm sure glad that post is over... that was a long one!

2 comments:

  1. First of all...that is one rockin tree house!! Oh my, I know three girls who would love that!:)
    I think I would have liked the days too with everyone home. Especially if there was no computer/tv or cleaning to do!! but I can see where no cleaning of laundry would get tricky fast!
    Can't believe all your food was outside...how crazy. And i would have felt the same way you did every time I turned the lighst on...thank God!!
    have a happy day tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. EFFECTIVE AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER FOR ANY KIND OF PROBLEM YOU WANT TO SOLVE ON THIS YEAR THANKSGIVING AND XMAS CELEBRATION


    am from USA, would want to tell you all that i was able to put an end to my divorce issue and restore my marriage again, because i never wanted it to happen. i don’t know what came over my husband that he was filling for divorce, i etried to talk him out of it when he told me and he didn’t listen to me, i had no other option than to seek for the help of a spell caster and now am glad i did. Because if not for the help of spell, i don’t know what would have become of me by now because i loved my husband so much that i couldn’t stand loosing him. The spell worked like magic with the way and manner my husband change and started showing love instead of the divorce he was planning. i just too happy that everything is in place for me now. I would gladly recommend the use of spell to any one going through marriage problems and want to put an end to it. [gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail.com , gbojiespiritualtemple@yahoo.com was were i got the help to restore my marriage]
    website: http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me

    ReplyDelete