Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's already Wednesday

I'm not sure where the past half week has gone.  One thing I do know is that I have to get better about bringing my camera along with me on weekends.  I forget it all the time, so I have no pictures of painting pumpkins at Grandma and Grandpas house, a lunch date out with Scott, watching my girls play leisurely at my parents for an afternoon after we returned, getting their "stuffed" animals blessed at church, tennis on Friday afternoon, homemade pizza night at our house, or me shopping with my friend Julie for new chairs in the living room...

But I do have pictures of...

the girls after church holding up what they call their "holy stuffed animals". 

1

and I do have pictures of an awesome new park that we discovered close to our house. I didn't do a great job with the pictures, but I have to tell you a little bit about it. We thought we were going on a hike. We packed lunches and were hoping we'd find a place to stop and eat along our journey. So we drove into the parking lot and decided to keep going to the 'inner parking lot'. We drove on a one car dirt road in the forest. It was so beautiful, and hard to imagine that we were a few miles from home. There were marked hiking trails all along this drive, ones we knew would be too hard for a four year old, so we kept driving not sure if we'd have to head to our "regular" park. Anyway, we turned the corner and saw such a beautiful field, green grass, picnic tables, and rolling hills surrounded by forest. Spectacular! I should have taken an open wide shot of what I saw.... (I'm learning). But I did take some up close pictures of the girls. The light was just amazing.

Here's Anna refusing to look natural for me...

2

3

lunch together...

4

5

6

7

Exploring after lunch, daddy found a 'sleeping tree' and they tried it out...

8

10

We've got to head back to this park as much as we can before winter is here. It's so much fun to just be outside! Fall is the best! (although it was an unseasonable 86 out)

11


Just because I never take pictures of Scott....

9

1 comment:

  1. that is exactly how I feel...where has the week gone???:)
    your stumbled upon picnic spot sounds and looks wonderful. need to revisit that one for sure.
    have a happy day tara
    great pic of scott too...!:)

    ReplyDelete