Friday, May 20, 2011

Big Girl Bed

So on Abigail's 4th birthday she moved from her crib into her new big girl bed.  I know that 4 years is a long time to be in a crib but she loved it, never ever tried to climb out, and is tiny for her age so we waited.  Part of me didn't feel like going through the work of finding a bed, taking apart the crib, and sort of redoing her room.  But the real reason is that I love that crib.  Gold colored old fashioned, iron crib. 

Here is she in her nursery years ago.






Fast forward 4 years:


She sleeps with her bear stuffed animal in her mouth, yucky!  We have 7 that are rotated through the sanitize cycle of the washer! 



So when I walked in to see that this was her last nap in her crib I was thinking how is she not going to roll out of her bed when she sleeps all crooked like that? 

Here she is on her 4th birthday seeing her big girl bed for the first time!  Anna was just as excited for her!


So excited!  And she didn't fall out of bed! 

I thought for sure that naps would be over too since she could just get out of bed.  But the next afternoon after I tucked her in I heard her get up, and change her clothes (later I found her in her favorite tutu skirt), crawl back into bed and fall alseep. 


3 comments:

  1. Such a big moment for them! She certainly looks like she loves her new bed!!

    By the way you asked where I get my craft ideas. I use to teach and run a preschool center for years before staying home. I have a bunch of notes and projects I found throughout the years. Books too. :-)

    Have a lovely week!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this was a big day!!
    I can see why you didn't want to part with that crib, it is beautiful!! And what a good little baby you had...the three of mine would have ripped that cute little die-cut letter name right off the wall (we have those btw on the girls doors!!:) )
    I love the bed you got. Very reminiscent of the crib! Totally girly and she can really grow with that...and the bedding...ahh I LOVE PBKIDS!!!
    Have a happy day

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so sweet...they grow up so fast...my daughter will be 18 on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete